Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Parisian Dreams

Anyone who knows me well knows that I love everything PARIS (and no, not the hotel-chain, trashy-socialite one, either -- LOL). So when I saw this new kit from Pouyou, I HAD to have it. And I HAD to sit here while watching the new GLEE(EEEEEE!) and put together a little inspirational LO:

Now, this is not my usual "style." I'm not into what's known as "fantasy" LOs...those dreamy creations with teeny-tiny pictures and no journaling. Not that I don't admire them as works of art, they just aren't...me. I like words, LOTS of words, The Story, if you will. But just a few hints of what Paris means to me, and the fact that the large photo is my desktop background, pretty much tells it all. Despite the fact that I have never been to Paris. Yet. That magic 3-letter word: YET.
The top painting is -- I believe -- by Cocteau (I scanned it right after I bought the page out of an old magazine at the library book sale...hey, it had La Tour Eiffel in it, so I had to have it!). The portrait is of Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald, the epitome of the Lost Generation in Paris. Everything else -- except the journaling spot -- is from Pouyou's gorgeous, LOADED kit. The journal spot is from Kate Teague at 2peas.
Okay, I'm falling behind in my Digital Techniques for Art Journaling class. Ben has preschool tomorrow so I will take my laptop with me and catch up. Enough Parisian dreaming for today...

4 comments:

  1. HOLY SMOKES Denise!!! I loveeeeeeeee this!!!! those paris images are YUMMY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is absolutety beautiful !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, cest magnifiques ma cherie!!! LOVE your Paris layout!!! Keep on dreaming... (btw, Paris is the best in September and second best in Spring) I do hope your dream comes true one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is absolutly stunning ! Love your design and your photo !!

    ReplyDelete