Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Break

I'm looking forward to summer break. No, really...the weather has (up until today) been gorgeous & the kids have been outside playing...together! I'm taking the Digitial Techniques for Art Journaling class over at GIS and it's been challenging but fun (and very addicting...)

This is *not* part of the class, just a little digi LO I did after visiting the Spraground and (finally) taking advantage of their $1 Wednesdays...plus a few things in my (ahem) Wish List...now I really must be good for the rest of the month!

I love that they carry Kitschy Digital products there (and at 2peas...alas, that's where their digikit link takes you)...I've been slowly filling up my wishlist with Danielle's products...had to keep it to one with all the other goodies I was itching to get my hands on. Oh, how I would love to take the Art of Digital Design class over there...umm, let's see, $275 class fee and OH BTW, you HAVE to have Photoshop Creative Suite ($600+), none of this wimpy PS Elements, apparently. Ah, in another life...

Then I got an email from Digital Create (a French site...but they have an English version, whew). Cute sunflower set and I was surprised after all that I bought, 4 Euros turns out to be $5.28. Whoa! Can you say worldwide recession?! I thought for sure I'd have to at least double that. Dangerous to know...so many beautiful kits over there...

Seriously, how cheery is that?! I had sunflowers pop up in my front garden last year that I never planted (thanks to area chipmunks, and a neighbor whose finch feeder -- full of black oiled sunflower seeds -- they like to raid) and I'm hoping some of them come back again this year (we've already spotted the chipmunks). We even sat on the porch and ate the seeds right off a flower head late last summer...mmm.

Here's to thinking warm thoughts...the weather has grown cold again...just when I uncovered a corner of our back garden...the corner where the strawberries are spreading like wildfire. Here's hoping they hang on!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh these are gorgeous denise!!! i loveeeeeeeeeee the clouds in that first one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Denise! You're getting real good going digital!!!! You know I don't "do" digital myself when scrapbooking (although my last workshop allows digi-girls too) but I love to look at other peoples stuff. The sunflowers are beautiful too!!!

    ReplyDelete