Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New places to scrap...

Headed to the library late this afternoon, after running to Knit A Round to pick up some more yarn for a felting project (more on that later), depositing some checks from Christmas, and stopping for gas. Again. Somehow I have become the family filler-upper. Eeerk. Either that or I have really bad luck choosing which car to take. Just two days ago, I was stuck with the station wagon, and Egor informed me that (a) it had no gas and (b) oh by the way, it was out of windshield fluid. And it was snowing. Double errk.

Anyway, this morning I went through the Top 2000 list first thing, and actually had several choices. I have always wanted to use lyrics from John Mayer's Daughters, though, and took this chance to do so.

credits: Ruby Rhynne designs: freebie Boho kit, full kit no longer available but plenty of other beautiful kits are!

I had most of it done before I headed to the library, but while there I went through Cassie Jones' lesson on distressing fonts from Designer Digitals for the title letters. I'm (almost) sure the library has Wi-Fi (I still giggle when I think of my mom's recent confusion over Wi-Fi and Wii) but I didn't have the patience to figure it out. I had Ben with me, so I had to pay attention. Somewhat.

My first Studio Calico kit (December's) came yesterday, and I have an idea...but no time to do more than print out a collage of photos for it. Pretty soon my January kit will be here, and I'll have even MORE new stuff to work with.

Back to my felting project. I'm working on a bag...based on the clutch(es) I made for Creative Escape...I couldn't find the instructions to save my life, but having made 6 or 7 of them, I decided to wing it and just cast on. Well, given how felting shrinks (by about a third, I hear), I have to add quite a bit of depth to this one to get it to work. So I knit to the end of one of my skeins, only to realize I'd need QUITE a bit more to finish this up.

Now that I have that extra yarn, I'm hoping to finish it and have photos in the next week or so. Well, by January 7th, for sure, because the weekend of the 8th is my first-ever F52s retreat...F for Fridays, 52 for the number of Fridays in a year, that is how many Fridays we scrapbooked when Scrapbook Memories was still opened...I just became a member of this local scrapbooking group, so I wanted to make a gift that would make an impression for the gal whose Secret Elf I am...did you follow that?

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo and that new group u are in sounds fab! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine you wanted this song scrapped... I just have one son but it just arrose to me I can make one about my mum and ME as a daughter... anyway, it is a lovely layout! Thanks so much for playing along. Have a happy new year (oh, and btw, I just became a follower, so you'll see me around in 2010!)

    ReplyDelete