Tuesday, December 29, 2009

First Challenge...Marit's Top 2000

I've been tinkering with this all day. The beauty of my laptop is that it is right on my kitchen table (or dining room table, or couch...just not in bed...yet...) and I can get to it whenever I have time...or hubs takes the kids off to the health club, LOL.
(credits: the alegria collection from Little Dreamer Designs - except for the All Grunged Up Kraft bg paper by As You Wish ... and the journal spot, a freebie from the Happy Father's Day kit. Font: American Typewriter Medium)

For the challenge, you pick a song off a list published by a Dutch newspaper (a radio station there plays a countdown selection each day). This song from the Rolling Stones was #874 on the list for today. The second I saw it I knew I had to scrap it; it was the title of the blog entry when I first met Egor. You see, he ran a fan site for a group of Russian artists called the Mitki (uh-oh, here come the search hits. Those are some RABID fans, I'm telling you!). I used this painting (by G. Semich...well, that's all I have for credits. Feel free to correct me) on that entry, wrote to Egor asking permission (I was learning HTML at the time and wanted to be sure I used it correctly). Well, I noticed that his email was "(at) umich" (University of Michigan) dot com, so I started a friendly (really!) email conversation with him that lead to our meeting and, well, so much more ;)
So the song (written at the time for recently deceased band member Brian Jones, as I recall) and the painting that accompanied that long-ago blog entry were the inspiration for this. Turns out both helped me meet a life-long friend...and at the time (1998), I really needed one.
Love you, honey.

4 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that story and I love love love love this lo!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that frame and loving the stitching!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW I LOVE IT!!! What an awesome story Denise! and your layout is beautiful! I'm so glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How 'bout I follow you too and then we can both be good bloggers! :)
    love the story of this lo!
    Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks soooo much for playing Denise! Love the story and your layout! I put it up on my blog today (with a note that it was for yesterday, but I publish it today so everyone will see it!) I'll mail you in a minute too!

    ReplyDelete