Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Taking time...

The last few mornings (while kids are in school) I have been taking time to work on crafty stuff. Since last week, though, crafty time has meant...working on their Valentines.

After last year's surplus of paper, store-bought Valentines ended up all over my house (stickers included), I decided this year I'd make them, using up some scrappy supplies in the process. Last year I bought (but didn't have a chance to use) this cool iPod candy bar wrapper for Tess. We hosted supper club at our house just prior to Valentines, and making dinner for 38 people preempted making cool Valentines. Not this year!

Just prior to February, I wrapped up a 6-month Stamp Club commitment with my Stampin' Up demonstrator (and fellow church mom), Angie. I made sure to order their Sizzix milk carton die, which, although tiny (those iPod wrappers are around regular-sized Hershey bars, for comparison), held an AMAZING amount of Jelly Bellies. Getting Ben to sign all the little cards was agonizing, but went quickly once I promised him any leftover jellies. I had to get a second (!) 2-pound bag (!!), so I wasn't sure there would be any leftovers, but made sure he had a handful for all his hard work.

Now to get back to work on my Hawaii mini-album, and the North Shore waves layout I started at home Friday night, with Graphic 45's Tropical Travelogue line (love!). That won't be too soon, as the kids have a 4-day weekend coming up, but I will try to get those finished up SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment