Monday, August 16, 2010

Alice ATCs

I have been having waaay too much fun making these.

They are for the 2nd challenge over at Angie Backen's new ATC swap site, simply ArTistiC. It's really been helping me move the sludge around and out of my scrap room, which I've been needing to do for a while. I spent Sunday at home cleaning up toys from our family room, and yes -- it took me ALL day to do ONE room. You know the saying, "Cleaning when you have young children is like shoveling when it's still snowing out..." Well, toys have been PUT AWAY, far away, and I am keeping what is out to the bare minimum. That should help (she says, as she steps on another. damn. hot. wheel. car.)
Okay, back to the cards. You make just one, which gets swapped out (eventually), I'm guessing on some kind of lottery system. Yes, I made three for this second challenge. Told ya I found my mojo! Well, that and I love vintage Alice.
I almost don't want to swap these out. Tess wants another top one, the middle one is my favorite, and the last one I printed out the image on watercolor paper, then hand-colored, so it was the most time-intensive of all. I'm just glad I only had to make one!
Check out the fun...you have until September 1st to do this second challenge...the first one was Alice, too, only based on costumes from the Tim Burton movie and quotes from the Avril Lavigne video. As you can see, I dig the vintage stuff more. Can't wait to see what they come up with next; the small canvas is perfect for getting your mojo going.


3 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! These are AWESOME Denise!! You rocked them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! Great work! I love the Alice in Wonderland theme... just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that blog a while ago and it is soooo tempting to step in and join the fun... I don't have enough time right now though - I would go crazy if I put yet another "to do load" on my own shoulder, but OMG... seeing your ATC's makes me feel even more sorry for not joining (IwontIwontIdonthavetimeIwont...) GORGEOUS LITTLE ART PIECES!!!!! I wish you a nice weekend without "hot wheel cars" (whatever that may be...?!)

    ReplyDelete