Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer Energy

Took a break from Project Life (caught up through March 2013) one Friday at a crop, and just started doing regular 12x12 layouts again with photos from 2011. I had originally printed out 300+ photos for a weekend crop in October 2011, and then pretty much stopped scrapbooking in 2012. I'm planning on putting together this digital photobook for 2012 and calling it done, but since I still have all these 2011 photos printed, I'm taking time (and my renewed mojo) to get them scrapped.

So, here's what I've accomplished in the last two weeks (not including the two I just finished this week...more on those later).
On the Diag...Piggy Tales Hickory Dickory Dock papers, Making Memories  glitter letter stickers, various floral, label, and rhinestone embellishments
 I've had this LO sketched since August 2012. That made it only about a year old at the time. But then I did all of January 2013 with this line, and didn't want to look at it for a long time. Until recently ;)

October Afternoon  & Thickers letters, Club Scrap transparency, Webster's Pages and Jenny Bowlin labels, and every. cherry. paper. in my stash (to be fair, just two, but man. that's a lot of cherries). 
 I almost used the back of the background cherry paper (it's plain red-peach colored), but liked the texture of the cherry pattern better. Oh! and I used my new cherry blossom washi tape from Mega Meet. Now I never want to do another LO with cherries. Ever.

Everything from Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue collection. Except my handwriting.
Tess's transformation at the hands of a skilled beautician was nothing short of amazing. She's since cropped her hair, which makes it look nice and thick, but wow. Was her hair ever long! But it was also quite damaged, so I'm happy she's gone short. Between brushing that mess, and the amount of chlorine her pale hair could suck up in a summer (even after deep conditioning, it still smelled of chlorine), short hair is just easier on her overall beauty routine. She was younger here, and believe me, as a pre-teen, she has quite the beauty routine now.
Lo-Fi...not quite as fun as the A Beautiful Mess app, but good enough on my desktop.

Hopefully I'll share the rest of my completed LOs soon. Last weekend I had a garage sale, and sold over half of my unused stash. With everything priced at $1 or 10 cents, it went quickly, and I was delighted to watch every out-of-date stamp set, paper pack, and embellishment walk away. I can breathe again in my scrap room! I will sell what's left at a community garage sale in Chelsea next week. Then the rest gets donated to the Ann Arbor PTO thrift shop. They sell craft stuff there, which is awesome. This time I'll be glad to donate instead of purchasing (mostly fabric, books, and office supplies...cheap)!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love love love your lo's! They are fabulous!!! And YAY for selling all your unused goodies!!

    ReplyDelete