Monday, April 12, 2010

New Challenge group

Michelle sent me over to The Color Room, and a quick question to them proved they were willing and able to handle digi entries, so I had a chance to use my new Mermaid kit (see yesterday's entry) to put this together!


Lots of SIStahs over there...since nobody seems to be at SIStv anymore...sniff. I've been participating in ATC swaps at SIStv, even hosted one myself, but the crowds are just not there anymore.

I know some friends have even stopped posting in the galleries there, and post only to their blogs, which makes sense...even I get confused as to where I've left my creations, and what challenge they were for, etc. etc. Having them in one definite spot (your blog) makes great sense, and not just marketing-wise if you're in the scrapping game for the "biz" side of it.

I have been struggling with how to organize my digital scrapping supplies. After an experience at one "name" outlet for supplies, I'm tempted to put things in folders by manufacturer. I have quite a few freebies, and they need to go in a separate folder...since no one is impressed with what you do with them (JK). For the Merkids LO, I used primarily Designer Digital supplies, with one exception - a freebie brush from 2peas (admittedly, NOT my favorite site to post creations).

But for now I will leave things as they are: by kit, papers, templates, brushes, frames, masks, and "random elements." Creating a shortcut on my desktop helps me get to them quickly (ditto for actions...something I learned from the CoffeeShop -- LOTS of good advice and tutorials over there).

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* this is beautiful denise!!! U did the colors perfectly!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeee that photo too!!! and i am hoping to do their next challenge...since I don't have the time this week! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete